This week was a very busy one in the digital world. We’ll be sharing some top industry news as well as some helpful resources that we found this week.
- Google’s Matt Cutts on Cloaking - Ever heard of cloaking? Sounds evil, doesn’t it? It’s important to get acquainted with what exactly cloaking is and what it means for your website. Google’s Matt Cutts from the Webspam team goes over cloaking in this video:
- Google blocking keyword data for 7-14% of search terms – Known as “encrypted search”, Google has begun blocking organic keyword data. This means less data for website owners to act on. Google initially predicted that this would only affect less than 10% of searches. Apparently, this post shows that that isn’t exactly the case.
- How To Go Mo - This is Google’s initative to help website owners create mobile websites(and why they’re important). This site will show you what your mobile site looks like and provide helpful resources to make your site mobile. Ready to Go Mo?
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective SEOs – Founder of KISSmetrics Neil Patel writes a fantastic piece on 7 necessary traits to succeed as an SEO. This is a must read for any website owner.
- Raven Competitor Analysis Checklist - If you need a comprehensive checklist when you are doing competitive analysis, then look no further. This is an interactive PDF that allows you to make sure you’re doing all the right things when you are spying on your competitor.
- Google’s New Algorithm Change Affects 35% of Searches – Google has rolled out a new algorithmic change that returns fresher results. This means more of what you want, when you want it. Examples for queries affected by this: sports scores, stocks, trending topics, etc.