Some interesting news this week in the world of search! Let’s get right down to it and round em’ up:
- Google May Penalize Ad Heavy pages – Google has long been about refining their search results to return the most relevant items. Their algorithm is becoming smarter in separating the good stuff(great content) from the less useful stuff(ads).
- Low Risk, High Reward Link Building – This Pubcon session recap outlines some link building tactics that can help garner many links for your website. Take a look – some good points in here such as a.) badging b.) speaking at conferences c.) organizing blogger meetups in your niche and d.) sending samples
- The Definitive Pubcon 2011 Recap – A roundup post linking to a roundup This is a roundup of all the Pubcon sessions for your viewing pleasure. Interesting topics include Enterprise SEO, Hot Google topics with Matt Cutts and Amit Singhal, Rogue SEO tactics, and more!
- How to Master the Art of Exceptional Blog Titles – Your blog headline is one of the most important aspects of each post – if people aren’t interested in your headline, they won’t click. Hubspot does a great job of outlining how you can master this art.
- The Simple Shapes of Startups – Ash Maurya, author of Running Lean, beautifully outlines the timeline of different types of startups. They’re simple to understand and nice to look at. If you’re a startup owner, this is a worthy ready.
- 9 Pieces of Advice on How A Site Can Succeed without Search – A nice case study by Stephen Croome on how he leveraged social media to grow Podium Magazine.
- 10 Great Tools to Enhance Your Twitter Experience – There are some tools in here that I guarantee will make your Twitter life much easier. I’ve already implemented a few of them and I’m finding my Twitter experience to be much more pleasant.
Have a great weekend!